Effective March 1, 2015, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City will update its prescription drug list (PDL) for group members on the Blue-Care (HMO), Preferred-Care (PPO), and Preferred-Care Blue (PPO) plans. Current members will receive communications from BlueKC within the next couple weeks.
Prescriptions moving from Tier 2 to Tier 3
- Jentadueto (Type 2 diabetes)
- Tradjenta (Type 2 diabetes)
Prescriptions moving from Tier 3 to Tier 2
- Amitiza (Irritable bowel with chronic constipation)
- n Linzess (Irritable bowel with chronic constipation)
- n Invokana (Type 2 diabetes)
- n Kombiglyze (Type 2 diabetes)
- n Onglyza (Type 2 diabetes)
Therapy area requiring Step Therapy
(Members must try one or more alternatives before using the following drugs. Current utilizing members will be grandfathered on therapy.)
- Viekira before Harvoni, Sovaldi, or Olysio will be covered (Hepatitis C–genotype 1)
(Limited to Accredo or Walgreens specialty pharmacies.)
These changes do not affect Direct Pay or group members on the Express Scripts High Performance Formulary.
If you have questions, please contact your Bukaty Companies Benefit Consultant at 913.345.0440.
As always, we appreciate your business.