The Account Executive assists in all aspects of the day-to-day duties associated with generating new and renewal business, and servicing existing client accounts. In addition, the Account Executive provides data management, analytics and utilization reports of client’s benefit plan performance resulting in added value considerations by the client’s senior management and/or decision making teams. This involves using high level excel formulas, data science concepts and logic.
• Initiate census data gathering with existing clients and new prospects. Obtain marketing quotes from respective carriers based on the census data received.
• Prepare comparison spreadsheets, using established templates, with data from carrier quotes.
• Prepare Employee Benefits Packet needed for each group – generating, maintaining and updating as the client makes changes
• Review client applications in advance of carrier submission to ensure participant data is correct and complete. Provide follow up where needed.
• Process routine client service issues ensuring accurate and timely resolution of issues, including maintaining service files, obtaining proper documentation, initiating vendor contact, logging calls and outcomes, and proper follow-up with clients.
• Practice proactive follow-up on all outstanding issues by communicating status of each to Account Executive.
• Prepare and present quarterly, semi-annual and/or annual utilization reports of large group client’s benefit plan performance and comparisons, with actionable analysis and recommendations.
• Write Executive Summary for annual renewal and marketing reports.
• Assist with scheduling and leading client meetings, and attend enrollment meetings as needed.
• Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of insurance coverages and markets.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: 4-year business-related degree required
Experience: Minimum 5 years employee benefits brokerage firm or industry experience; Demonstrated experience in analytical, mathematical roles
Specific Skills: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Internet; highly analytical, organized, detail oriented; Strong presentation / educational skills
Licensing: Life and Health License – Kansas and Missouri