Account Managers serve as the primary contact for all assigned clients and will develop and nurture client relationships accordingly. The individual in this position should be well-versed in flexible benefit products and comfortable aiding in plan initiation and management. Identifying opportunities for cross-selling and ensuring client satisfaction are also key day-to-day responsibilities.
- Serve as the primary contact for all client decision makers.
- Oversee all aspects of the relationships with assigned clients.
- Educate and provide enrollment support on flexible benefits products.
- Identify cross-sellling opportunities with our clients.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our client decision makers.
- Ensure client satisfaction and meet the 98% retention goal for your client group.
- Process daily workload for COBRA administration.
- Execute the developed marketing plan at each client’s workplace in adherence to agency practices, procedures and policies.
- Maintain professional advisory and consultative relationships with assigned accounts.
- Promote growth of accounts through benefit fairs and participation in other public relations functions.
- Improve and foster excellent relationships with your group’s key personnel.
- Consult with employees on product design and benefits.
- Consult, present and enroll employees in flexible benefit products; document conversations and decisions with each employee through the appropriate systems.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of all flexible benefits products that you are involved in.
- Serve as a back-up when needed for the operations and customer service departments.
- Manage all open enrollment functions for your designated clients.
- Complete renewal paperwork.
- Collect enrollment forms.
- Issue welcome kits.
- Draft and issue plan documents and amendments when needed.
- Correspond quarterly with each of your group contacts to address satisfaction with NueSynergy services and address any future needs.
- Foster morale, pride and team spirit among other employees and show respect for co-workers at all times.
- Participate in community affairs.
- Cultivate and maintain an image of respect with all competitors.
- Identify competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Stay aware and seek out resources to enhance sales skills.
- Maintain and improve professional product knowledge, markets, rules, regulations and other industry issues.
- Recommend possible gains in efficiencies in operations and sales.
- Refer appropriate prospects to other agency departments for cross-selling opportunities.
- Maintain a professional image and conduct at all times.
- Remain calm in all situations.
- Act with integrity and maintain honest communications with customers and fellow employees.
- Travel required.
- Understanding of products in the Flexible Benefits industry to include HSA/FSA/HRA/COBRA
- Demonstrated advisory skills and ability to deal well with people
- High level of organizational ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, positive and approachable demeanor
- Sales experience preferred
- Strong and responsive listening skills
- Ability to adapt within and to varying work environments or client locations
- Ability to adhere to privacy and confidentiality expectations