Leads a variety of functions within the payroll division, including project managing new client conversions, conducting training for all new client groups, and responding to client service issues as needed.
Must understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits, be able to process correct payroll earning and deduction calculations and solve challenging compliance issues. Be able to build out complex configurations within the payroll platform and maintain strong project management skills during implementation and onboarding of new clients. Must have great customer service abilities and attention to detail. Strong working knowledge of Excel at the intermediate to advanced level. Good written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Provides payroll demonstrations onsite and at prospect sites for prospective clients.
- Manages payroll conversions for new clients, gathering data for the implementation of new clients and providing training on procedures.
- Implement complex buildout and configuration settings within the payroll and HCM (human capital management) platform
- Provides ongoing support in conjunction with payroll platform, assisting payroll clients with routine payroll questions. Assists with client questions in order to process payroll; e.g. new employee setup, how new deductions and earning codes are established; resolving workflow configurations and ad hoc reporting requests.
- For identified clients, submits client payroll as needed from time records provided by client. Conducts proper analysis to detect potential time and configuration errors in accordance with established procedures. Enters employee data for benefits, time off, and/or payroll.
- Regular attendance at work is required.
- Manage work flow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Manage all aspects of customer implementations and conversions
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits, process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Execute time sheets and attendance processing and interface with payroll in conjunction with internal procedures
- Ability to develop ad hoc reporting and analyze complex problems for the client
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education: College Degree or Equivalent, Bachelor Degree in Accounting preferred
Experience: Prefer minimum five years
Specific Skills: Principles and practices payroll, HR, accounting and auditing; Familiar with County, District, State, and Federal rules, regulations & policies affecting client financial activities; Knowledge of payroll regulations and related standard accounting practices; Proficient in computer systems/payroll software. Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
Licenses: CPP preferred
Travel: Some travel to client site may be required
Email resumes to HR@bukaty.com