Leads a variety of functions within the payroll division, including managing client setup changes, conducting training for client groups, processing client payrolls and HRIS action and responding to client service issues as needed.
Must understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits, be able to process correct payroll earning and deduction calculations and solve challenging compliance issues. Be able to build-out complex configurations within the payroll platform and maintain strong project management skills during implementation and onboarding of new clients. Must have great customer service abilities and attention to detail. Must have experience working with HRIS platform (preferably Kronos SaasHR). Strong working knowledge of Excel at the intermediate to advanced level. Good written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Manages payroll conversions for new clients, gathering data for the implementation of new clients and provide training on procedures.
- Implement complex buildout and configuration settings within the payroll and HCM (human capital management) platform
- Provides ongoing support in conjunction with payroll platform, assisting payroll clients with routine payroll questions. Assists with client questions in order to process payroll; e.g. new employee setup, how new deductions and earning codes are established; resolving workflow configurations and ad hoc reporting requests.
- For identified clients, submits client payroll as needed from time records provided by client. Conducts proper analysis to detect potential time and configuration errors in accordance with established procedures. Enters employee data for benefits, time off, and/or payroll.
- Regular attendance at work is required.
- Manage work flow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Manage all aspects of customer implementations, conversions and ongoing support
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits, process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Execute time sheets and attendance processing and interface with payroll in conjunction with internal procedures
- Ability to develop ad hoc reporting and analyze complex problems for the client
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: College Degree or Equivalent, Bachelor Degree in Accounting preferred
Experience: Prefer minimum five years
Specific Skills: Principles and practices of payroll processing, HR, and accounting; Work experience with Kronos SaasHR payroll platform; Familiar with County, District, State, and Federal rules, regulations & policies affecting client payroll activities; Knowledge of payroll regulations and related standard accounting practices; Proficient in computer systems/payroll software/HRIS platform. Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
Licenses: CPP preferred
Travel: Limited travel to client site may be required
Physical Work Conditions
Employee must be able to carry out duties while working in an open office environment. This position requires the ability to sit at work station, use a computer keyboard & mouse, and read from a computer monitor for an extended period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle office machinery controls; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time to meet business needs.