Provides ongoing support, assisting payroll and accounting clients by addressing general questions. Provide support to clients by trouble shooting system issues and offering solutions that will allow payroll to be processed timely and without error; e.g. new employee setup; establishing new deduction and earning codes; paying employees in accordance with DOL standards; complete routine processing of payroll and entry of accounts payable invoices for assigned clients. Ensure proper coding of invoices and assist with vendor inquiries.
Must understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits, be able to process correct garnishment calculations and understanding of compliance issues. Also important, is a strong customer service attitude, ability to problem solve and initiate solutions, while displaying confidence to the client. Extreme attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and tight timeframes. Good written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Provide ongoing support, assisting payroll clients with routine payroll questions, e.g. new employee setup, how new deductions established, how new earning codes established; resolving general ledger questions.
- For identified clients; submits client payroll as needed from time records provided by client and enter and prepare invoices for payment in 3rd party software.
- Enter employee data for benefits, time off, and/or payroll.
- Assist with the gathering of data for the implementation of new clients and vendors; data entry, and reconciling of accounts, as needed.
- Maintains Customer Service relationships with personnel, Bukaty personnel, and Client personnel.
- Assists with ad hoc reporting for the client.
- Regular attendance at work is required.
- Assist with payroll and accounting demonstrations onsite and at sites of prospective clients.
- Assists with payroll conversions for new clients, gathering data for the implementation of new clients and providing training within the guidelines of the payroll system procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Associates Degree, or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 3 years in a payroll and accounting role
Specific Skills: Principles and practices of accounting and auditing; Familiar with County, District, State, and Federal rules, regulations & policies affecting client financial activities; Knowledge of payroll regulations and related standard accounting practices; Proficient in computer systems/payroll software and peripherals.
Licenses: CPP preferred
Travel: Some in-town travel to client site may be required